Begin YOUR online
If It Shows Better… – 2/18/2013
If it shows better, it will probably sell faster and maybe for more money. Once your home is on the market, it’s time to look at it like a commodity and through the eyes of potential buyers. In all likelihood, you’ll need to take care of these items eventually, so do them now to help it sell sooner.
1. Make repairs – it doesn’t matter if it’s been that way since you bought it. You need to fix it so that the buyer doesn’t think that the rest of the house is about to fall apart.
2. Not too personal – you may have bought your home to express yourself but if the buyer can’t see themselves in the home for all of your things, it’s going to take longer to sell than you want.
3. Drive-up appeal – the old saying “you never get a second chance at a first impression” applies to your home too. They may never even get out of the car to come inside.
4. The nose knows – it may not smell like home but it shouldn’t smell like a place they would never consider living.
5. Neutral colors, decor, etc. – these are not decorating tips you’ll see in magazines but the truth is that bold colors and designs are difficult for most people to see beyond. They’ll imagine their things better in neutral surroundings.
6. Less looks like more – removing some of the non-essential things from your home will eliminate clutter and make the home feel larger. The same suggestion applies to cabinets and closets.
A confused mind will not make a decision. Identify and eliminate items that could derail a potential sale. The preparation you make in the beginning will help the presentation to your buyers. I have many more tips to help you sell faster for a better price-call me to discuss.
CFP CLU ChFC CEBS MBA MS CMB
7300 France Ave S #410
Edina, MN 55435
How Can I Help You?
Powered By WP Footer
READ MOREPrevious: RE/MAX Convention is next week in Las Vegas-Turning 40!
Next: Twin Cities Homes Sell Better When Updated with a Fresh Coat of Paint